Bluewater’s Tips for Vacuuming Your Pool
- Gather the following items:
- A vacuum pool hose long enough to reach from the inlet to the opposite side of the swimming pool.
- A pool pole that expands so it reaches the center of your pool from along the side.
- Vacuum head attachments with a brush or wheels and
- A skimmer basket vacuum attachment with leaf adapter
- Skim the top of the pool for floating debris. Sweep and collect any large or heavy items that may get stuck in your suction line while vacuuming.
- Attach the vacuum head to the end of pole.
- Place the vacuum adapter into the skimmer.
- Connect the vacuum pool hose to the top of the vacuum head and submerge it in the water. This must stay under water through the entire process.
- Prime the hose before you attach it to the suction line. Priming the vacuum hose means filling it with water so air does not go into your pump. You do this by holding it in front of the return valve (jet) until you don’t see anymore air bubbles coming from the vacuum head and the hose has sunk fully under the water.
- Try to keep the water in the hose, and attach it to the skimmer basket attachment.
- Hold the top end of the pole; slowly pass the swimming pool vacuum along the sides and bottom of the pool.
- Clean up when you’re done vacuuming by disconnecting the hose from the skimmer attachment first.
- Attach back wash hose to back of filter head, using an o- clamp to secure it.
- Turn pump off and switch handle to backwash
- Turn pump on and backwash until sight glass and water coming from hose is clear.
- Turn pump off and switch filter handle from backwash to rinse, turn pump on and rinse for 20 seconds.
- Turn pump off and switch handle from rinse back to filter.
- Disconnect back wash hose and store away for when needed.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US
BLUEWATER POOLS & SPA
LEAMINGTON, ON WINDSOR, ON